Sunday, January 3, 2010

Progress report on my triangular weaving

I've been sick and although my voice is slowly coming back, I still sound a bit like a duck.  I didn't get as much done as I intended to over the past 2 weeks, but here is what I've done with my weaving in the last couple days.


This is the first half of the weaving I'm doing with my kool-aid dyed unspun wool (you can see my earlier progress on the piece here, at the end of the post).



This is the unfinished backside of the piece, on the other side of the cardboard loom. When I take it off the loom I'll hang it so the first triangle will be on top and the backside will hang inverted underneath. (I can't think straight because of my stuffy head, I can explain better when my cold/flu is done)


Joe and I ventured out in the cold, blowing snow to see the Fantastic Mr. Fox this afternoon.


This was a sort of insignificant scene in the film, but I loved the lighting and the cool togetherness of the wifey fox.

1 comment:

  1. Neat! Your hands have been very busy. (and I love your cereamic mugs. I have a couple that I drink hot beverages from and imagine clay and mud). xo caroline

    ReplyDelete

Followers