Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bjork has a weaving-themed video, made by Michel Gondry, of course


I just read in BlogTO that Bjork has a new concert film/doc playing at an Images Festival screening this Friday at 9pm at THE ACACIA CENTRE at 186 Spadina Avenue. The film is called Voltaïc: The Volta Tour Live in Paris and Reykjavik.  
There are two songs that I am crazy for on her record, Volta: Declare Independence and Earth Intruders.  


 I looked for videos for these songs on YouTube, and came across the video for Declare Independence, and I had no idea that Michel Gondry had made a video for it.  Like most of Gondry's videos, it's out of control.  He created a huge loom machine that weaves people into it, kind of.  It's extremely hard to describe.  Watch it below and you'll see what I mean.






Here's Bjork singing Earth Intruders live. Look at her outfit and the way she's moving in it.


Earth Indruders set to a rearranged film clip of Jaan Pehechaan Ho from the 1965 Bollywood film Gumnaam.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, reminds me of "honey I struck the kids".
    The characters/musician are like the frequency,
    of
    the
    music!

    ReplyDelete

Followers