Saturday, January 2, 2010

My geometric teapot

I started hand-building ceramics last year while taking a course at Toronto's Central Tech Adult program.  I can't begin to tell you how much I love creating actual objects with my hands as opposed to working digitally. I have realized that I need something this hands-on to balance out the digital work that I'd pretty much abandoned over the past few years. 

In my next few entries I'm going to be showing off some of my ceramic work.  Please let me know what you think. 

This first teapot is a continuation of a series of these sculptural pieces I made last year when I started doing ceramics:



The teapot is part of a set with matching mugs. I'll post the mugs later after I rephotograph them.  I designed the mugs using Google Sketchup, EXTREMELY easy to use 3D modeling software offered free from Google. Prior to assembling the teapot I created a paper model.  I glazed the teapot and four mugs at the same time using the same colours and dipping pattern as I used with the crystal form pictured above.  I'm going to take some new photos of the mugs displayed with the teapot and I'll post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers