Monday, December 28, 2009

Out of Africa, buttertarts and the view from my living room

Joe and I are both sick.
I had so much planned today. I even had set my alarm this morning even though I'm on vacation.

I did pick up a lightbox and a huge piece of foamcore for my next weaving experiment.

I also was able to get some work done on my braille weaving project.


I love the view from my front window. The huge red brick house across the street is so mysterious. In the summertime, the people who live their leave their side door open and blast classical music and through the open door I can sometimes see a figure sitting at a desk, silhouetted by the light of a desk lamp.  The curtains of the house are always drawn and I've never actually seen the face of anyone that lives there, although at night I've seen the glowing eyes of the family of raccoons who live in the chimney of the garage.



I rented three movies in anticipation of a few days of sickness: Chungking Express, Twin Falls Idaho and the film I just finished, Out of Africa.  Meryl Streep is gorgeous. The shots of Africa are beautiful... Meryl Streep's character (Karen) goes on a safari adventure with Robert Redford's character (Denys) and there is a very sensual moment where Denys washes Karen's hair. Looking at this still you'd assume that he slowly lathered up her hair, but he actually scrubbed her scalp.  It was pretty sexy.


After I watched the movie I at one of my Nana's buttertarts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers