Monday, January 11, 2010

if these drawings aren't animated, click on them and they should open in a new window as an animated gif.



I'm reviving my interest in animating.  About four years ago I did my first (and longest animation) called "Heaven", (you can see it on the side bar of my blog too).  I did lots of exploration as I trying to figure out what I was doing.  The animated gifs above are from that period.  While working on Heaven I totally drove myself a little nutsy... spending so much time by myself, obsessed with creating several thousand drawings... It was my thesis project for my degree.  i was drawing so much that I had to run aspirin cream into my hand to stop it from cramping up.  SO... to make a long story short, I sort of abandoned animation for years and now I think I'm ready to go back.  I have more stories to tell and more ideas to explore.  My friend Victoria (who makes beautiful videos) asked me to submit something to New Toronto Works at Pleasure Dome in March.  I work well under pressure, so I've decided to get my butt in gear and make something for this show.  It will involve sand, cutout collage and After Effects.  i am pumped!

Bye, i'm going home to make a big pot of chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers