Sunday, February 14, 2010

i'm baaaaacccckkkkkkk--->

I've taken a break from the digital world, but I'm back. Joe and I bought a house on a street named after me :)  Lindsey ave... sometimes I feel like I have such great luck.  My mind has been racing with ideas for our wee little house, but I decided that I didn't want my blog to go in that direction, so I'm not going to discuss the topic of house design+decor here (although I don't know how much longer that will last).  I have been stopping at the mega trifecta of thrift stores (goodwill, talize and value village at Dixie and Dundas in Mississauga/Etobicoke) on my way home from work and have found LOTS of treasurez that I'll show off later.

Another thing that's taking up a lot of my time --> I've  started to teach a night school course called "designing your future"... about finding out what you want to do with your life... which is pretty funny because I'm constantly (and sometimes secretly) reconfiguring what I want to do with my life.  I make my living as a high school teacher now, but right now i REALLY want to be a ceramic artist/furniture builder.  I'm going to have an actual workshop in my new house (I'm saving up for an electric kiln....)


Here's a piece I'm working on. I'm glazing it next week. I'm getting better at creating sharper edges, but have trouble keeping truly flat surfaces...i like it like that though....



A beautiful geometric pot by American ceramic artist Bowie Croisant.


Here's a handmade/handbuilt teacup I found at value village on Dufferin Street.

Bye for now... 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you talk about your house projects. It's too big to ignore.

    ReplyDelete

Followers